Monday, February 2, 2009

Hey everyone, and welcome to my blog!

In one week I'll be getting on a plane and flying south to Santiago, Chile. I'll be spending the next five months there (maybe more!) studying abroad and doing my best to live as a Chilean student, which includes living with a family, taking a full load of classes, hanging out with friends, and traveling in and around the country. Of course there will be a lot of adjusting to do, but I'm looking forward to new and unforgettable people and experiences. 

I'll be doing my best to update this blog on a regular basis with pictures and stories of my various adventures ("adventure" being a loose term) and other encounters; hopefully you all will enjoy reading it as much as I'll enjoy sharing with you. There will be entries in both English and Spanish, the latter of which should improve as the semester goes on ...

This will be my first time studying abroad, and my first time in both Chile and South America, and I'm always looking for guidance. So if you've got ideas or suggestions or just something you're curious about, let me know - the last thing I want to do is leave anything out!

7 comments:

  1. yes....I'm first to comment. Have fun Erica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be fun! As a bonus, we'll probably improve our Spanish, too. You need to help, Erica, by telling us what we do wrong.

    (Our follower name started as g'ma & g'pa, but Google translated the punctuation.)

    Buena suerte, nieta nuestra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the things I'm looking forward to reading about, as are (probably) the folks at NCLRC, are the differences between words used in Chilean Spanish and what you've learned in classes (el español de españa?). Similarly, be sure to tell us about idioms used by los chileaños that may not be used elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the things I'm looking forwrd to hearing about (as probably are the folks at NCLRC) are differences in words and usage between Chilean Spanish and that you learned in classes (el español de españa?). Also tell us about idioms of los chileaños that you not run across before. You report them and I'll keep a list for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go girl! Have a great time and I look forward to hearing "all the news that's fit to print". Love, Aunt Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'll miss ya everyday, but know that you'll rock South America! Have a blast (and be careful)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so I saw that you made it... any update? First impressions?
    ~Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete